17 March 2009

Re-start

OK, not been very good at this.

Basically, my first fill was very traumatic.  It scared me off from getting more and I just didn't trust the doctor to know what he's doing.  I also had a little issue of money - $100 a pop is just too much.  So I survived on one fill of 3ml from November til now.  I slowly started to eat whatever I wanted until I had gained all but 500 grams of the weight back again.

That all changed today.  I went to a new doctor.  This one not only bulk bills (sends bill to government to pay) and I pay $10 for the needle, she is also probably the most experienced person in Australia at this.  She was the buisness partner of Dr. George Fielding who is kinda the father of lapbands in Australia (and now works in USA).  So what she doesn't know, you don't wanna know.

I was basically a mess.  Felt like I was going to throw up - and the suite being up on the 5th floor didn't help - fear of heights and all that.  But I made it.  She gave me a small local to help with my anxiety - hey, if its all numbed, then I'm not going to feel anything anyway and it was over in a flash.  I am now the proud owner of 5ml in my band!  woo hoo.

So, today its liquids, tomorrow its moosh and then back onto good food.  Only its back to eating healthy, sensible, weightloss friendly foods.  No more bread and coke!  Yes, I'm ashamed to admit, I've been having these every day.

Oh and my first PB was 2 weeks ago on KFC - but then a lot of people have their first on that.

1 comment:

Gloucester said...

I am right there with you. :)

I went last Monday for a fill that I hadn't had since last August. I was thinking I didn't need one, that I could just DO IT. But, after gaining some back I realized I still need my band. I have 100 pounds more to go, this is not the time to quit!

Re-Start is a good word! It's a restart, not a finish! Keep up the good job!