30 November 2008

First fill

I had my first fill on Thursday just gone. Not a pleasant experience I can tell you. The doctor couldn't find the port, so after a few tries, sent me round to xray so they could do it. So I have anxiety about getting it done, apprehension because I've just had an unpleasant experience which did involve some pain and now I have anxiety because I have a severe fear of heights and I now have to walk around a building I don't know.

Wouldn't be an issue for most people, but for me it appears fraught with danger. There might be stairs I have to walk passed that you can see down (which means to my mind I'm up high) and there was. There might be windows to walk passed which show you are a few floors off the ground (there was those too). I get flight or fight syndrome very badly. So with all this going on, I go to xray. I had a local anesthetic and was told it would hurt a bit, but actually it didn't hurt at all. And thank goodness I had it too, because I could feel the pressure he put into putting the needle in.

Officially I've lost 5.1 kilos. I'm very happy with that. Its hard enough to lose weight as it is, but PCOS makes it even harder. I'm looking forward to even more coming off soon.

Now I have nausea every time I eat and the hiccups every time I eat or drink anything. *sigh*. No, its not going to be an easy journey, but I will get there in the end. I'm just learning how to work with my new best bud is all.

No comments: